Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Septic tank install - why $5K

wrote:
I looked around and found that guys with hoes in my area all take
about $5K USD for installation of a 1000 gallon septic tank w. leech
field and this does NOT include the percolation report. The tank
itself costs about a grand $1K, so let's deduct that. The job takes
about 1-2 days. Let's say 2 days = 16 hours. $4K comes out to
$250/ hour. That does not sound right. I am sure competitors
would bring the price down. In that case my question is what other
costs are involved? Someone told me transporting the material
on-site and gravel costs need to be considered. Can somebody break
down where does the $5 actually get distributed for a typical
installation of a septic tank with a leech field?

A load of gravel around here costs $250.00 to $500.00 depending on the type
of stone.