Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default Holes in plasterboard walls

Thank you all for the advice. I did manage to do this one at Christmas.
Papered over and painted now too.

"Mark Dumbrill" wrote in message
"endymion" wrote in message
I need some help with this because my husband is busy and hasn't got round
to it. he moved the storage radiator ( on my request) and behind it he
has left two holes which were cut into the plasterboard walling and hidden
until the heater came off the wall. I think they were from some previous
wiring attempt there. I cant say for sure. . One is four inches square and
the other about six inches. How can I fill them up? This needs to be an
easy botch because I am no good at DIY I am fed up of the gaping holes.
My husband "filled" them temporarily with kitchen towel to stop draughts.
behind them is the cavity wall ( I think) - well its a hole there anyway.

Thanks in advance.

I saw these clips last week and thought they might be useful, see he

http://www.drywall-emporium.com/Bear_clip_webpage.htm

I haven't tried them myself, but they may be a good starting point.