Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Septic tank install - why $5K

wrote in message
I looked around and found that guys with hoes in my area all take
about $5K USD for installation of a 1000 gallon septic tank w. leech
field and this does NOT include the percolation report. The tank
itself costs about a grand $1K, so let's deduct that. The job takes
about 1-2 days. Let's say 2 days = 16 hours. $4K comes out to $250/
hour. That does not sound right. I am sure competitors would bring
the price down. In that case my question is what other costs are
involved? Someone told me transporting the material on-site and
gravel costs need to be considered. Can somebody break down where
does the $5 actually get distributed for a typical installation of a
septic tank with a leech field?

It will take more than 1 man for 2 days and you're forgetting the cost of
the permit ,excavator & operator , dumptrucks & operators , crushed stone ,
gravel , loam , leachfield materials , pipe...Mine cost 8 grand but I had to
pump mine uphill and have a special leachfield due to space so I say the
price is about right..Expect to pay about 4-5 hundred for the
design/soiltest or percolation report as you called it as well...