Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Digital Protractor vs Angle Guage and which brand

Morris Dovey wrote:

What really prompted me to spend the $19.95 was the need to cut both
ends of 2.25 inch tubing at /exactly/ 67.5 degree angles (to make a
90-degree turn) on a horizontal band saw, which would have been a
horrible set up operation with the level alone (and wasn't all that easy
with the protractor gizmo!) Actually I ended up using both tools for
that operation - one for the angle of the cut, and the other to make
certain everything stayed in one plane. :-p

After I hit "send", it occurred to me that it might not be obvious how
one gets a 90-degree bend out of 67.5-degree cuts. If that seems
strange, see the bottom of the bottom drawing at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/.../Fluidyne.html

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar