Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Digital Protractor vs Angle Guage and which brand

coloradotrout wrote:

A year ago I nearly bought the "digital angle guage" (square box that
shows relative angles), but now the protractor models seems to have
more uses (horizontally on miter saw), and comparable accuracy.

Any thoughts on the Lee Valley $25 model vs Peachtree or Woodline's
model (Wixey based)?

I have to say that I have a Wixey, and I use it on occasion. We've
found an interesting use for the "box" at the bicycle shop. We use it
to level high-end bicycles on the "fit stand" to be fitted to the rider.

When it really counts, like when the miters have to wrap around and
close perfectly, I prefer my plain ol' bevel guage and "Bevel Boss" plate.

I don't think I'd buy either device again.