Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default Ebay is rigged

"Wes" wrote in message
news
"ATP*" wrote:

Why would you bid even a little more than the item is worth to you? That
makes no sense. Bidding early also makes no sense, unless there is a
possibility of a second chance offer or you are worried the seller may
pull
the item and it is something that is extremely important to you.

Well if it is worth 100 and just getting the thing bought rather than
wasting time looking
for it makes you go 110 then maybe that makes sense.

in that case it is worth 110 to you, or you are caught up in a frenzied
quest to acquire that particular item...

As far as pulling the item, a bid, unless something has changed doesn't
stop a seller from
pulling it. I've bid on things where the seller sold it privately and
yanked it. That
p*ss*s me off. If I'm committing to by, the seller should be committing
to sell.

No fing way am I doing a second chance. Smells like shill. Relist it,
I'll take my
chances.

Wes
--

Unfortunately, the committment on Ebay is only one way, which is another
good reason to snipe. Second chance offers make sense when the seller has