Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default water meter - saving water

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:49:30 +0000, Alang
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:51:57 +0000, Frank Erskine
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:23:47 +0000, Alang
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:03:53 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Janet Tweedy wrote:
I've just had a water meter installed. Hopefully it will save on the
normal bill of about 580 pounds a year.

They increase costs for the average user

If you get an underground leak and don't spot it you can end up with a
bill for thousands

It's better to have the meter inside your premises to avoid that. If
it's fitted with an outreader the meter man doesn't need access inside
to do his bit.
Mine's fitted next to the internal stoptap.

Northumbrian water insist on putting them on the external stoptap.
Just done our next doors and dug a big hole to enlarge the trap

No they don't. Northumbrian Water virtually insisted on fitting it
indoors.

Actually the work was carried out by a subsidiary company of theirs -
Kemac Services Ltd.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland