Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Koltner[_2_] Joel Koltner[_2_] is offline

Default Does such a device exust?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
It looks like I can just plug it into my network??

Yes (the receiver has an Ethernet port on the back, if you get the version
with te remote control, the remote uses WiFi). But you still need a PC around
to install the server software to provide the web interface -- the little
receiver box contains the DACs, some hardware MP3, etc., but only enough
intelligence to stream audio from the server PC (i.e., not enough ot provide a
web interface itself or pull audio straight off the web).

I've never used one, but those Roku boxes someone else mentioned always had
good reviews as well -- I almost purchased one last year. For what you're
after, it might be better in that it doesn't require a server PC.

---Joel