Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default What is the Distance from Vanity Top to Medicine Cabinet

"DanG" wrote in message
Yes, there are industry standards for virtually everything.

Yes there are. And I'm sure there's even a standard on how to pee in
straight line, but many of those standards are either useless, wasteful, or
enacted by someone without a shred of experience or common sense as to how
those standards relate to people. ~ Common sense that can be applied to the
original vanity topic.

Case in point. I use a wheelchair. There are standards in Canada on the
placement and the angle of grab bars for wheelchair accessible washrooms.
And, that particular standard is ABSOLUTELY USELESS for anyone who doesn't
have some measure of walking ability. Ironically enough, it's the people who
need a horizontal angle on the grab bars the most that have to deal with
these grab bars that are closer to vertical than horizontal.

Every few months for a number of years, I've written emails and sent snail
mail to the regulating government body about this problem. I've never had
anything back other than a form mail response that they will look into the
problem.

That's my experience.