Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default UPS battery replacement schedule

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 01:34:13 -0000, Warren Post wrote:

I just replaced the battery in my UPS, and notice that the old one was
swollen and hard to remove. Searching this NG and elsewhere on the net, I
see this means that the battery had reached the end of its life some time
ago and should have been replaced sooner. Okay, replacing the battery
when it reaches the end of its life cycle instead of waiting until it
obviously fails is fine by me.

So how do I know when to replace a UPS battery? This particular UPS has
no self test feature and no com port with which to communicate with the
computer, and I don't want to toss perfectly working equipment into the
landfill just because it lacks bells and whistles to make my life a
little easier.

Is this a sealed lead acid? I've never seen one of those swell.

Mary had a little skirt
With slits right up the sides
And everytime she crossed her legs
The boys could see her thighs