Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default water meter - saving water

In message , Alang
writes
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:03:53 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Janet Tweedy wrote:
I've just had a water meter installed. Hopefully it will save on the
normal bill of about 580 pounds a year.

They increase costs for the average user

If you get an underground leak and don't spot it you can end up with a
bill for thousands

Probably not.

Both my current water supply co. (Cambridge water) and my previous one
(Yorkshire water) have a procedure whereby if a leak in the supply pipe
is discovered then they will only charge you for the estimated actual
consumption - not the leakage. We had a leak, discovered when the meter
reading was high and they did indeed refund us.

They will also repair free of charge leaks in the supply pipe. Even on
your property where it is your responsibility
--
Chris French