Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro Jethro is offline

Default If governments were *really* serious about saving the planet ...

On 10 Jan, 19:48, Jethro wrote:
... they'd pass a law mandating a common voltage, and connector for
charging mobile phones and bluetooths (etc). That way instead of
needing 8 chargers I could make do with one. Imagine the resources
you'd save if all phones shipped with no charger ... imagine the plug
sockets and extensions you'd save on.

Damn site easier (& cheaper) than passing ludicrous laws about carbon
trading and trying to get cars more efficient ....

But since they haven't, I don't think they are serious - therefore I
won't be either. In fact I think I'll order *another* patio
heater .....

as if by magic ...