Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default water meter - saving water

In article ,
Alang writes:

If you get an underground leak and don't spot it you can end up with a
bill for thousands

Some household insurance will cover you for this, but
by no means all.

I had a ballvalve break in the toilet cistern overnight,
resulting in filling at full bore speed (and amazingly
the overflow coped, just). I don't know how long it was
running for (8 hours max), but that trebled my water
usage that 6 month period. Water company provides a
graph of usage over past 3 years on the bills, and there
was a large spike.

--
Andrew Gabriel