Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default De scaling kettle

Mike Lane wrote:
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 00:58:11 +0000, Anne Welsh Jackson wrote
(in article ):

Or, better still, just boil the amount of water you actually need,
in the first place! Saves on the electricity bill...

I've often read or heard that advice but when I attempt that, half the time I
find I've not boiled quite enough - which ends up being even more wasteful.

Our kettle has quite a decent scale (on the outside, not lumps inside!).
Makes filling to the right level quite easy - most of the time. Just
need to remember - pot of coffee = 1; pot of tea = 1.5. And we fill it
while it is standing flat on a surface - so it reads properly.

(The first kettle I used with a scale had a tube up the side - which
within weeks scaled up and didn't properly reflect the contents. This
one is an integral 'window'.)

--
Rod

onset.