Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] aaronsuperguy@gmail.com is offline

Default Whirlpool Water Heater Conversion Kit

I got the orifice in from Whirlpool. Put that on and continued to
follow the directions. The directions where not very good and I got
confused on what the thermocoupler adaptor actually was and I stripped
out the thermostat trying to screw it in. Now I need a thermostat. I
called Whirlpool and they are charging me $120 to send me the part. I
tried to reason with them saying they sold defective water heaters and
now they expect ordinary home owners who are not too handy to install
the conversion kit themselves. They would not pay for a plumber, so at
least they could do help the guy trying to install the conversion kit
with no experience working with water heaters. Did not work,so now my
only recourse it to not buy whirlpool products, and hopefully install
the thermostat correctly when it gets here.

If you have not heard about the problems with Whirlpool water heaters,
they have there own website and technical support phone line just to
support this model number which is below:

http://www.flamelocksupport.com/