Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Outlets in a closet?

RBM wrote:
"metspitzer" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 01:08:48 GMT, Wayne Whitney

On 2009-02-16, Christopher Nelson wrote:

I know I can't take out the extra outlets and bury the box but I'm
contemplating cutting into the closet wall and just flipping the box
around so that the outlets (or a blank plate) face into the closet
then patching the plaster in the bathroom. Is there any code or
safety issue with this plan? (I know code varies slightly from place
to place. I'm looking for a general answer.) TIA.
One requirement to keep in mind is that the circuit serving the
bathroom receptacles can't serve any loads outside the bathroom. So
if you flip one box around to face the closet, you'll have to remove
the receptacle and just blank it off.

Cheers, Wayne

It is legal to supply other outlets from the bathroom. It is common
really.
Maybe you are thinking about the 2 small appliance circuits for the
kitchen.

It was legal before NEC changed the requirement to dedicated 20 amp
circuits, but not since that time

Hi,
And GFCI.