Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default water meter - saving water

Janet Tweedy wrote:
I've just had a water meter installed. Hopefully it will save on the
normal bill of about 580 pounds a year. What sort of things can I do to
cut costs as much as possible?
I have four rain barrels, although I'm a bit worried about the need to
top up the a small pond we have, in the summer.
I do have a sprinkler and a hose so will try and not use the sprinkler
if possible.
Is it worth putting something in the cisterns of the toilets?

Janet

Oh dear.

Look. Wash, don't bath. Or shower.

**** in the garden

sell the dishwasher.
Sell the washing machine.

Once you have to wash by hand, you will naturally find ways to just
rinse the coffee cups, and discover that washing clothes isn't something
you need to do EVERY day.