Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Wood burning pollutin

"Steve" wrote in message

» One home heated by an EPA-certified indoor wood stove
produces as much pollution as 2,000 homes using gas.
Source: DEP

I know it's probably a matter of time but I'll keep burning wood to
heat my house until it becomes illegal...... I can see it would be a
big problem if it was done in a very crowded neighborhood. Also, the
type of wood being burned can produce varying degrees of irritants.
Steve

It is becoming illegal in a lot of areas. I've not used mine in a few years
but may resurrect it if oil goes to $4.50 again.I stopped because the price
of wood was not as beneficial as it once was. If I can get free or cheap
wood the labor is worth it. Nice to have in case of power failure too.