Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Finish Nail Gun? 15ga - 16ga - 18ga ?

On Feb 16, 10:09*am, Davej wrote:
I'm curious how many people own several sizes?

I bought

a new 18ga Porter Cable BN200 shoots 5/8" thru 2"

a used 16ga Accuset 1" thru 2 1/2" (Senco cheap line) it failed & I
replaced it with a Paslode 16ga straight brad nailer (uses the same
brads, since I had a bunch of SS)

I went 'round & 'round trying to decide 16ga (.062" dia) vs 15ga (.
072" dia)

the 15ga nailers tend to use a fastener more like a true finish....it
more like a real nail gun
the 16ga brad nailer, a more rectangular shaped brad

I got the 16ga nailer because it was cheap on ebay

There is a fair amount of overlap for what the 18ga & 16ga brad
nailers can do

I think if I had to do it over again....I might go with a 15ga finish
nailer & I wouldn't buy that cheap Accuset

but now that I have lot of $'s in 16ga SS straight collated brads, I'm
sticking with 16ga.

my buddy has a 23ga pin nailer that we use for base shoe or scribe
molding

cheers
Bob