Posted to rec.woodworking
Fritz Fritz is offline

Default Delta Scroll Saw Hold Down-work tends to jump

I have an SS350 Delta Scroll Saw. I find that the work tends to jump a
lot with this saw. (of course I am using a new blade properly mounted
and proper for the stock being cut). I assume that this is caused by
the springy nature of the hold down foot? I have bent it a bit to
increase the tension and adjusted the extension, close to the work but
I still find that thin pieces especially, are not held down properly
and frequently jump with the blade. The blade appears to be moving in
a straight line and I don't know of any adjustment required here.
I am just curious if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,
Fritz