Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] john@jjdesigns.fsnet.co.uk is offline

Default Hairline cracks

freecycle wrote:

I've just noticed that my lounge wall has a grid of hairline
cracks in the plaster. I don't just want to paint over them
and they re-appear in a year or two, but do I use fine
polyfiller on them or does anyone have a better method
to get a better result or same some time?
FC

Had a similar problem with year-on-year movement in some hallway
plaster (1850 house).
As experiment, injected a couple of gallons of diluted PVA at a number
of points at cornice level. Sorted it!.
It's now a sort of plaster/brick/plastic composite and I've an
'orrible feeling that the whole wall may now be 'stressing up prior to
exploding .
I'll make do with fine surface filler next time around.