Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Strange white stuff

ARWadsworth wrote:

Phil

Any chance of some unblocking tips mate? I can be more specific about
the drains at my house if it helps.

If you do a quick sketch and post it at tinypic, it'll be easier to
understand.
Show assumed drain runs, manholes and outline each property, with position
of stacks - forget rainwater and wastewater gullies.

Best rods, rodding from above or below (I know of one pitfall to
avoid!), getting the rods into the hole when it is under 5 feet of
you know what, clearing fat on a long run when 4 houses share the run.

Adam

if the stack(s) have rodding eyes, obviously it's better to do it from above
(as I found out aged 18 when a full stack of fortnight old **** dropped into
a manhole I was rodding, needless to say, it went up in the air about 8
feet, and from that day to this I've never looked at sweetcorn in the same
way) but if push comes to shove, you may need to do it from below, sou'
wester on standby.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008