Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Best mattress for snoring - Tempur?

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:15:02 +0000, Bruce wrote:

So I sold the Tempur on eBay at a huge loss and bought a pocketed spring
mattress, this time from IKEA.

Are they 'normal' UK sizes? I had an idea that IKEA bed stuff is some
unusual size/aspect ratio.

The Tempur is available in a wide range of sizes and can even be made to
measure. The IKEA mattresses are all in European standard sizes, so
there is nothing unusual about those.

The traditional British mattress sizes are gradually dying out and the
European standard sizes are now widely available in bed stores. Before
long, it will be the old British sizes that are considered unusual.

Certainly, among the younger members of my extended family, I don't know
of any beds they own that are not in the European standard size range.
Most seem to have been bought from IKEA, but others bought from the
Dreams chain and department stores are also in European standard sizes.

I know this because my partner likes to buy bedding as gifts for members
of the family. ;-)