Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Best mattress for snoring - Tempur?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 08:49:42 -0800 (PST)
Eusebius wrote:

Problem - I'm overweight and snore. Worst on my back, better on my
side. But if I go to sleep on my side I roll over easily onto my back.
Seems what's needed is:
1) Some mattress that is soft so doesn't make pressure points sore
2) Mattress that inhibits you from turning too easily. The sprung
mattresses almost encourage you to end up on your back.

Have snorers found any solutions e.g. with memory foam like Tempur?
Seems to hold you softly in one position.

If so, and tips for a good price online or wherever?

Interested in all possible comments and experiences about memory foam
mattresses like Tempur.

best,

andy

I have a cheaper-unbranded-equivalent-to-Tempur memory-foam mattress. I
can't say if it has stopped snoring, but I certainly don't roll about
like I used to. Not everyone likes them though, and it's a lot of
money to discover you don't. One tip - you need a lot less pillow - I
have a memory-foam shaped pillow that keeps the neck extended - this
also helps stop rolling - recommended by a physio.

R.

R.