Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Strange white stuff

wrote:
Had fun shoulder deep in blocked drains today, but what I fished out
puzzled me a bit. The pipes were caked to blocking point with a soft
white solid. I cant work out what it is though. There were a few rice
grains floating about, so perhaps a block of congealed rice? Also
wondered about solidified washing powder, but I would have thought
that would wash through, being water soluble.

Any ideas?

NT

Does it float? If so, fat. The rice grains suggest fat from Chinese,
Indian, risotto or rice pudding. :-)

--
Rod

onset.