Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cat **** on wood floor

On Feb 16, 7:40�am, ransley wrote:
On Feb 16, 6:30�am, "HeyBub" wrote:

ransley wrote:
A tenant had a cat and the apt stinks, the wood floor was redone
before he moved in but I am worried it went inbetween the planks. What
do I wash it with. I have heard of Natures Miracle an Enzime base
deoderizer, would an Enzime base laundry detergent help. They were
only there 6 months but the smell has to go.

If all else fails, you can buy or rent an Ozone generator, and not a
namby-pamby one either.

At the risk of sounding too graphic, these are the devices used to sanitize
a house where several bodies have been left to decompose for extended
periods.

Makes the house smell as sweet as a day after a spring shower.

Cat **** is alkaline - amonia right? Maybe Vinegar an acid is a
neutraliser? Like skunk is cleaned with tomatoe juice an acid. He was
only there 6 mo and floors look good as they were refinished in 07, im
thinking of pouring-mop on a few gallons of vinegar to soak in the
seams. Does ozone actualy get rid of smell permanently.

vinegar will initially get rid of the odor, but next most weather odor
will return.

sadly theres probably little you can do beyond refinishing again with
OUTDOOR POLYURETHANE, a couple good coats to seal all the cracks make
sure all boards are secure.

outdoor poly smells terrible till dry but doesnt absorb water or pee.

have you considered covering the real wood with something else thats
harder to damage, or cheap to replace like vinyl tile?

its a rental hardwood will be getting abused