Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Cat **** on wood floor

On Feb 16, 6:30*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
ransley wrote:
A tenant had a cat and the apt stinks, the wood floor was redone
before he moved in but I am worried it went inbetween the planks. What
do I wash it with. I have heard of Natures Miracle an Enzime base
deoderizer, would an Enzime base laundry detergent help. They were
only there 6 months but the smell has to go.

If all else fails, you can buy or rent an Ozone generator, and not a
namby-pamby one either.

At the risk of sounding too graphic, these are the devices used to sanitize
a house where several bodies have been left to decompose for extended
periods.

Makes the house smell as sweet as a day after a spring shower.

Cat **** is alkaline - amonia right? Maybe Vinegar an acid is a
neutraliser? Like skunk is cleaned with tomatoe juice an acid. He was
only there 6 mo and floors look good as they were refinished in 07, im
thinking of pouring-mop on a few gallons of vinegar to soak in the
seams. Does ozone actualy get rid of smell permanently.