Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] andy.tenka@hotmail.com is offline

Default Need advice on "vice"

How about using one of those white cutting boards made of hard
plastic?
They are widely available, cheaper than wood, and easy to work with.

Andy Tenka

On Feb 15, 8:22*am, "R.M.R" wrote:
Good day all. I have a question concerning an old Stanley No. 700
bench vice that has soft pads. I bought it at a yard sale and for 5
bills it was worth it after a little elbow grease , however the soft
pads, that resemble a type of brownish material about 1/4" thick
similar to peg board material seems to be worn. Would anyone know what
type material it is or what would be a good substitute. If necessary
I'll supply a picture. Thanks and have a safe day... Ray