Leon

Default Edge gluing boards

You found that a smooth glued surface was stronger than a more rough glued
surface and were surprised?

That is the way it is suppose to work.. While I indicated that you should
use a TS to prepare one of the board edges as a glue edge vs. using a
jointer for both edges, I do not want to mislead that the TS produces a
rough cut. My TS and blade combination puts my jointer to shame when
comparing smoothness of edges.

"Gfretwell" wrote in message
Back a month or so ago I did a fairly controlled test of glues (yellow vs

poly)
and also sawn edge vs milled edge. With both glues the milled edge was at

least
50% stronger than sawn using maple. It surprised me too.