Leon

Default Edge gluing boards

;~) I was not even considering fence alignment being out of square. Even
a perfectly set up jointer will give you less than perfect results with non
parallel edges if you joint both edges of the board.

"Swingman" wrote in message
news.com...
Granted, I prefer to rip the joints on the table saw. BUT, joint with the
opposite face against the fence of each succeeding board and you'll cancel
out any error in your jointer fence alignment.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"Leon" wrote in message

Some people do that but you can never be sure of the out come that

results.
If you joint every cut edge you cannot ever be sure to have boards with

the
"exact" width that they should be and most likely the edges of the

boards
will not be parallel.