Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Doorbell, etc. - Saving $2.50 per month!

"Bill" wrote in
:

I previously posted about re-wiring my doorbell so it would use
electricity only when the button was pressed. I also went through my
house and placed everything I could find which was "always on" on a
switch or power strip.

I replaced power strips which had lights on them with power strips
which have no light. I wired switches to all GFCI outlets so I can
turn them off when not in use. I have a rooftop TV antenna amplifier
which was "always on" and I wired a switch to that.

I placed my entertainment center things on 4 individual power strips
(no lights) so I could turn on only what I was using. (Like just TV
and DVD, or playstation, or satellite TV - don't need to have on
components which are not being used.)

I placed several power strips on my computer stuff. So just computer
on - printer on separate power strip and off when not in use.
Everything totally off when not in use.

Placed outlet switches on HEPA air cleaners (have always on timers for
filter replacement).

Placed power strips (no power on light) on bedroom, garage small
stereos. Etc.

Anyway my electric bill is now $2.50 per month less and will be so for
the rest of my life. That's $30 a year or being as my electric bill is
now under $30 a month - one month of free electricity!

You gotta be a troll or ****ing stupid beyond.