Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Septic tank cover

wrote:
I just had my septic tank pumped and when they took the lid off it
cracked in three pieces. They put two of the pieces back on and told
me I would have to take care of it. The lid is 23" square on top and
tapered. I can not find one and have two choices. Either make a form
and pour a new one, or make a cover out of wolmanized wood larger than
the the hold and wrap it in 6 mill poly. Just wondering what the
opinions are of making one out of wood and setting it on top. I would
make it out of tong & grove 2 x 6 treated wood and wrap it in
plastic. Will this work and be OK?

Wood rots. Imagine being the person that steps on it the last time.