Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Verdon Pete Verdon is offline

Default What a surprise...

Dave Liquorice wrote:
I can't imagine that any of these 24hr stores get many customers
past midnight to say 0600

I used to not infrequently end up in Tescos in Canley about the middle
of that time bracket. Granted, its not going to be as busy as 11 o'clock
on a Saturday morning, but I certainly wasn't shopping alone.

The Tescos near my parents was originally 24-hours when it opened, but
went to "normal" opening hours after a while due to lack of late-night
custom (which doesn't surprise me where my parents live). So they don't
keep them open on some sort of principle - those that open 24-hours do
so because it's economically worth it.

Pete