Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Another septic tank riser issue

It must me something in the air. At least it is when you pop the
lid -LOL! Anyway, I asked that the backhoe operator allow for a cleanout
for the septic tank (long story - not new construction) so he left two, 6"
PVC pipes with covers on them. Something posessed me to look inside them
after three years and the 6" pipe is apparently a shield around a 4" line
that goes to the tank. You can look right in on the discharge end and all I
can see is more PVC at the bottom of the intake side. Funny thing is that I
only see a little bit of water trickling through on the intake side when I
flush - no solid or paper.
Well, it's coming 'round to mandatory clean out time and there's no way
that those pipes are going to allow for a pumping truck's hose to do a good
job. I need to put in some risers and a lid, down the 23" to the tank.
Which end? Or do I do both ends of the tank?
TIA,
Chuck