Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default examples of digital rip-off

In article , Agamemnon
scribeth thus

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
.. .
As part of the PARAS campaign we need to collect instances in which
vulnerable people have been ripped off as a result of the analogue
switch-off. These could be cases in which people have been conned into
buying an unneccessary aerial, buying a new TV rather than a set top box,
or subscribing to a pay-TV service in order to receive the basic channels.

If you have any examples of this sort of thing please post them here or
contact PARAS on the website. All incidents will remain completely
anonymous.

http://www.paras.org.uk/01-intro.shtml

Here's another one.

My dad went and bought a universal remote control to replace the broken
remote on my sisters Virgin/NTL cable box thinking because it said cable on
the packaging it would work with the box. The remote doesn't even have an
EPG/Guide button on it and has no codes whatsoever for either Virgin, NTL or
Samsung who make the Virgin/NTL box. Another ****ing digital rip-off. These
remotes should not be allowed to be sold or advertised in the UK as
replacements for cable TV in the UK unless they can full control all
Virgin/NTL boxes.

Is he or you capable to taking it back to from where he bought it?.

And..

If its a VM cable one why didn't he ask then for another one?...

--
Tony Sayer