Posted to alt.home.repair
Freckles[_3_] Freckles[_3_] is offline

Default Post Hole Auger

"mm" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:47:16 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

Freckles wrote:

Besides I'm 71 years old and I have no problem standing or doing
physical work, but it's stupid to work harder than you have too.

I'd still rent a power auger - it's easier and more efficient
at any age.

Dick

And saves human energy. You have to have some energy left over to
build the fence, or whatever.

Actually I'm putting up an 8' tall trellis all along the back of my
property.

When I have all the posts put in place and the 4'x8' lattice panels attached
to them, I will still need to dig another 40 larger holes for the climbing
roses I intend to grow up on it.

My brother and I will be doing the work and we don't need to have it ready
until spring of next year.

We could use a regular post hole digger, but we dug probably a thousand
holes for fences on our dad's farm back in Kentucky when we were kids, and
we have had our fill of the old style post hole diggers.

Don