Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Volume question

"metspitzer" wrote in message
To make the math easier, I am going to have a strip of land that is
10' wide and roughly 175' long cleared with a bobcat. The land is
pretty thick with 8-10 year old pines that are roughly 15' high.

I will have to rent a dumpster to haul away the trees. The bobcat
driver thinks it can be done in one load. Can someone ballpark the
volume? He said a load cost 285$. Those dumpsters must be a whole
lot bigger than I think. It looks to me like two will be pushing it.

It is the volume not the weight that is going to kill you if these things
aren't shredded.

I can't see you trees. A 40 yard dumpster holds 40 cubic yards of waste.
That is the biggest I am aware of.

3*3*3= 27 * 40 = 1080 cubic feet in the dumpster.

How many trees? And how much volume per tree?

--
Colbyt