Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cleaning a refrigerator with coils underneath?

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:54:43 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Hi all,

started "spring cleaning" in my kitchen this AM. Am stuck on
refrigerator. Every one I've owned has had the coils on the back where
it was simple to just pull the fridge out, quick swipe with dust brush
on vacuum, et voila. Well apparently this fridge has the coils
*underneath...* how does one clean those without tipping the fridge on
its side? Not enough room to get any vacuum attachments under there.
Looks like the previous owners of the house never cleaned it either.

nate

My coils are near the floor also. You can purchase a brush made
specifically for this (HD or Lowes). But still, be gentle with the
coils. I use both this brush and the brush attachment to a vacuum
and get 80% of it. It needs cleaning about twice a year, maybe more
than that if you have furry pets. Obviously(!), not a good idea to
tip/move the fridge, unless absolutely necessary. And don't even
think about using compressed air.