Posted to alt.home.repair
Baron[_3_] Baron[_3_] is offline

Default Cat **** on wood floor

"ransley" wrote in message
A tenant had a cat and the apt stinks, the wood floor was redone
before he moved in but I am worried it went inbetween the planks. What
do I wash it with. I have heard of Natures Miracle an Enzime base
deoderizer, would an Enzime base laundry detergent help. They were
only there 6 months but the smell has to go.

Hello,

When we had a dog, I had great success with a product called 123 Odor
Free. Here's the website:

http://www.justrite.com/

Don't be stingy with it on the areas you treat. I had to use it about
three times on the same spot so while it's no miracle, it will work.
What I liked about it is that it also has a vanilla odor so it will mask
the odor for at least a little while as the enzymes work.

I've always wondered if an oxidizing agent like that found in Oxy Clean
or the equivalent would work. Hydrogen peroxide might also work but I would
be a little nervous about putting it on wood.
These oxidizing agents work on skunk odor so I am guessing they would
work on cat urine odor as well.

Good Luck.