Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Grip-Tite Magnetic Featherboards // Opinions? (Video link)

MB wrote:

Do the magnet bases sold by Enco have enough force to make a jig for
the table saw? The mag tites are almost 3x the price, so I;ve avoidd
them. The ones at Enco create possibilities.

They say 130 lbs. I've got two similar bases in use in the shop (one
holds a work light at a drill press, the other holds a dial indicator)
and they're fairly tenacious.

I was going to order two to hold a pair of lasers on the ShopBot, and I
think I'll order another pair for holding a featherboard on the TS - 260
lbs of holding power ought to do the job...

....and I might have to order one more to serve as the ultimate
refrigerator magnet.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar