Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Grip-Tite Magnetic Featherboards // Opinions? (Video link)

MB wrote:
I have the old wooden ones too. They are very convenient. And
convenience means I'll use it. Except as some one mentioned about
being over the miter slot. Even then I can usually position it to hold
the board up against the fence.

I also have a product that clamps to the fence and has spring loaded
wheels that hold the stock down and into the fence. It's called "rip
staight" (IIRC) and it really works well if you have a lot of ripping
to do. (When ripping multiple peices, you can use the next piece to
push the first one thru. I think the two grip tites on the steel aux
fence plate might have the same benefits.

Do the magnet bases sold by Enco have enough force to make a jig for
the table saw? The mag tites are almost 3x the price, so I;ve avoidd
them. The ones at Enco create possibilities.

Mitch

I've had the "Rip Straight" fixture on my old saw. When I bought a new
saw I opted for the Woodstock "Board Buddies". I much prefer them.

http://grizzly.com/products/G2370

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA