Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Size of a tool (lathe!)

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:00:00 -0800, "Michael Koblic"
wrote:
snip
Looking at it I wonder if the slot was milled in the threaded part
of the bolt could one not use a nut or two to adjust the height of
the tool?

snip
Check the back issues of the "Home Shop Machinist" or
"Machinist's Workshop" for exactly this project. IIRC this was
called a Swiss type holder.
http://www.homeshopmachinist.net/

You might want to take a look at the KRF "omnipost" plans/kits.
You can make these with only a lathe [with milling attachment]
and a hacksaw.

I got the hacksaw...But thanks for the detailed information here and in your
next two posts. I shall keep them for future reference. They will be very
useful.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC