Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default hey Gunner

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

If you haven't seen a punt gun, or how it's used, you should look it up on
Google. I'm sure they have plenty of info on them. These are guns around
which people would build a boat. d8-) The barrel rested in a padded notch in
the bow, and a thick plank, braced with grown knees and all kinds of
reinforcement, projected up from the transom. You rested the buttstock on
this plank and hoped that firing the gun didn't rip the transom off the
punt.

They could sluice a whole flock of rafting ducks with one shot from those
things.

Neat but I don't think I could afford to load it with bismuth shot. It would be a good
thing to get rid of all the pyrodex I have laying around. As the saying goes, one you go
black, you don't go back

Wes