Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
James R James R is offline

Default examples of digital rip-off

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Agamemnon
writes

Ok. Add the incident I reported last year of my dad being ripped of by
Comet who sold him a SCART lead he didn't need for a LCD TV with built-in
Freeview.

Maybe he would need a SCART lead to feed the TV video output to a VCR or
DVD recorder?

--
Ian

It was some stupid story about a man going in to a shop one day to buy a TV.
He bought the TV and *ASKED* for a lead to connect to his VCR, he was
sold a SCART lead as *THAT IS WHAT HE WANTED*. His VCR did not
have an HDMI connection!
His son was furious with him because he had bought another SCART lead
when he already had one. His dad seemed to think he would need a new one
so agreed to buy it for a price his son said was unreasonable. It is a
shame his
son took little interest in his shop visit or he might have gone with him to
the
shop!
There was no con, no deception, no forcing people to buy. The man wanted
the SCART lead so he bought it. If his son has such a big problem with what
his dad buys then that is an argument between the two of them, nothing to do
with a newsgroup or a shop. Maybe that is why his dad went to the shop
without him!
As far as I know this was never followed up with the shop, his son just kept
crying on newsgroups to anyone who would listen. Unfortunately no one did.