Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default More powerful kitchen faucet side spray head?

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 07:37:13 -0600, wrote:

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:03:26 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:10:27 -0800, "james" wrote:

I have a kitchen faucet with a side spray (a separate pull out sprayer) that
sprays water at low speed, similar to this:
http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?...Number=4235404

Any idea where can I buy a replacement spray head with more power? I want to
blast away the gunk that sticks to the strainer basket and garbage disposal
flaps, so I can clean them without touching with hands.

How about using your power washer?

Frankly you would likely end up splashing the whole room with
much more pressure than the ones I generally see.

At first I thought about putting a regular shower head on the end of a
curved pipe and connected to the hose for the regular sprayer. Then
it occurred to me. Just put a power washer under the counter, run
hose thru the same hole, and use the original spayer, or a large
shower head on the end.

I see you had a similar idea.

Come to think of it, as much as I hate washing dishes, I may give this
a try, but I'll start outside first. Got to wait till the weather
warms up first.

I can see it now. The kitchen of the future will have a power washer
hose in the sink with a special dish washing head, and a button on the
wall to activate it or maybe a remote and computerised pressure
control, monitor readout complete with email access.

LM

Paper plates?