Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Keats Dick Keats is offline

Default Need electrical advice

"Tom Horne" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 6:57 pm, "Dick Keats" wrote:
Asking for help.
Have a General 350 table saw not currently hooked up.
Will be moving it to a barn/workshop.
Motor specs a 3 HP, 220 V, 1 Ph., 11.7 A
Will 10/3 w/ground and a 30 A 220 breaker satisfy the load requirement?
Thanks for any help.
Dick in Texas

Dick

No one can answer your question without knowing if you are referring
to the branch circuit in the barn/workshop and or the feeder to the
barn/workshop. We would also need the number of wire feet in each
circuit.

--
Tom Horne

Tom

I think the following will describe my situation:
Power underground from pole to meter on house (320 A service).
From circuit box at house through garage to barn on a 100 A breaker.
Garage is separate from house. Distance from meter to barn is about 70-80
feet.
Someone who knows this stuff will be wiring that part but, to conserve a
few $ I'm going to pull the wires inside the buildings from the breaker
boxes.
I'd like to do it right and safe.
There will also be a 2 HP dust collector involved but I have a gizmo that
starts
the collector automatically a couple seconds after the saw starts running.
I apologize for perhaps not using correct terminology.
Thanks for your input.
Dick