Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What to do with old floor plans?

On 2/13/2009 6:03 PM SteveBell spake thus:

My Dad, a residential designer and draftsman, died recently. He had a
one-man design and drafting firm for more than thirty years, and his
archive of old blueprints is large.

What should I do with all these old plans?

I could contact all the owners and ask if they want them, but that kind
of effort isn't my first choice--my parents' home is a seven-hour drive
from mine. I could trash them, but that's just *wrong*. I could donate
them somewhere, but who would want them?

How about contacting them and offering to mail them? It would take a
little time and cost a little in postage (mailing tubes, etc.), but
probably few of the customers would want their plans. It would be a nice
courtesy.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair