Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Interior Door Knob Replacement Question

Sounds like Kwikset brand, to me. You can either buy more
Kwikset, or you can have some like a locksmith drill the
proper cross bore hole so that you won't have this problem
again.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jeffy3" wrote in message
Over ten years ago I pretty much replaced all the doorknobs
in our
house as the old ones were corroded or scuzzy looking. Our
house is
over 50 years old and the hole in each door was sort of just
a small
half
moon shape, or half circle shape, that the spindle went
through and
then there were the two small round holes for the screws to
connect
the two sides of the knob. Replacing them 10 years ago was
easy. Now,
recently I had to replace another one and I went to two
different stores and it seems the standard now is the hole
in the
door
is a large couple inch circle. Am I right that this is the
new
standard? Or does
anyone know if I can still get the doorknobs that fit the
smaller
half-
moon door hole?