Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob S.[_2_] Bob S.[_2_] is offline

Default Grip-Tite Magnetic Featherboards // Opinions? (Video link)

"KIMOSABE" wrote in message
Does anybody here have a set of these?
http://grip-tite.com/

How do you like them?

I get the featherboard part, but do they also push the work against
the fence?

How much do they cost?

I have a set of the older models (wood body). They work and I use them
often but if the Grip-Tite ends up being over the miter groove, the
magnet is not strong enough to hold on my model. Be careful about
using the long (L shaped) plastic hold down on a finished surface - it
can mar that surface of your wood from the pressure exerted.

I consider them pricey for what they are ($40 ea) but they work except
for over the groove as I said.

Bob S.