Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default On topic! Safety advice; be familiar with new set-ups.

"marc rosen" wrote in message
Hey All, I had purchased some Forest blades - including their blade
stabilizer/stiffener ...
I tilted the blade to its extreme angle while the blade was
at its highest setting. I was mildly surprised to see the metal table
insert begin to rise as I approached 45.

Why should that be surprising? My tablesaw cuts more than 3 1/4" with no
tilt. A 4" dia. stiffener, their smallest, will protrude at 3". I have a 6"
stiffener. You do need to be aware of the possibility when it's installed.

blade with stiffener in a zero clearance insert. I made the relief
cut with a 7&1/4 inch blade but before I finished the process with the
10 inch, I checked the measurements to see how much blade could go
through before the stiffener touched the underside of the insert. I
was going to lose an additional 1/2 inch of cutting height to keep the
stiffener from touching.

Groove it a bit deeper with the dado set. I use store bought phenolic
inserts. They came pre-grooved to about half depth, about 1/2" wide. They
also have a steel pin in the rear to hold it down in case the blade grabs
it. If you make your own, consider very seriously doing the same.

Maybe get some help? You're a scary sounding fellow.